So here we are, almost at the end of the year. And what a year it has been, but that's for another post.
What I thought I would concentrate on is the season in review.
This year was a giant mixed bag of successes and pitfalls.
So here is a recap of the highs and lows of the season that was along .. in dot-points.. cause everyone loves dot-points!
• After a very promising start, the potato crop resuled in nothing (disappointing)
• The garlic went well, even if it was a smaller crop than anticipated (frustrating)
• Tomatoes were eveywhere (thankful)
• Jewelled corn was techically our most successful attempt at corn you (proud)
• We got some grapes for the first time (excited)
• Our stonefruit was decimated by fruitfly (heartbreaking)
• We grew pears, but still failed to ripen them to an edible fruit (bitter)
• One of our larger pests figured out how to dig up the sweetpotatoes (curious)
• Whilst there was not always enough to feed us, there still seemd to be enough to feed all the other denizeds of the garden such as the possums, bush turkeys, bees, ladybugs (peaceful)
• The citrus made an amazing recovery after I thoguht I had lost it all (happy)
• Surprise Sunflowers are the best sunflowers (ecstatic)
• The discovery of flowers was a grand discovery (giddy)
• Cucamelons are the crop that just keeps on givng and returning (amazed)
• Roses are hard, and maybe not worht the effort (dispondent)
• There is always next year (hopeful)